Monday 13 October 2008

The birth of "Moby" Part 1



A



About eight years ago I bought an old eyesore of a van (1976 Chevy) from a crazy Dutchman who was being shipped back to Europe. It was covered in stickers and had been painted blue and yellow with a paint roller (don't even ask!!). Good thing about it though was that it had an almost new engine installed (only 15,000 miles). I only wanted it to drive to the lake on weekends and for that it was perfect.




Double bed, Cooker, Refrigerator (for the beer), propane fired heaters, everything I wanted for an overnight fishing trip. Of course I came to find out that almost none of the internal electrics worked properly, so all that had to be fixed. I couldn't stand the ugly colours and so I decided to have a paint job done.






No comments: