Monday 13 October 2008

The birth of "Moby" Part II





One paint job later and "Moby" was born.


I've added some new features: Two deep cycle batteries to run the fridge and electrics while travelling, a solar panel re-charger, a microwave, battery chargers and inversions units (so that I can run the computer from the 12 volt batteries)...... all the absolute necessities!


I still use it every weekend in the Summer and on and off throughout the Winter as the weather allows. For a mobile fishing "bivvy" it's perfect. I'm dreading the day, surely soon to come now, when Moby dies on me and I have to find a replacement. I don't want a new one (no character), I need to find Moby II, slightly beat up and in need of some serious TLC but ready to carry my carp gear for the next ten years or so. I'm keeping my eye on the classifieds, who knows where the next Great White Carp Van will be found?

No comments: